The other piece of art TJ got me... Isnt it beautiful??? I love angels!

The Art that TJ got me... cant wait to put this Up!!!

blowing out my candles-- thank goodness there are on 2!!

My Princess Birthday Cake!!

My yummy birthday breakfast and NO calories!!!

with the man who keeps me sane!

With my NIcky! :)

My daughter Summer and Son in law Joey :)

My special friend Lilia!!

My special friends Micheal and Shelby

My special friends Sandee and Gail!

My birthday banner Nicky made me!

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

LABOR DAY WEEKEND
here we go....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

48 years Young....

yep I am now 48 yrs YOUNG... still trying to grow up.... here are some things I did, accomplished, learned and loved this year...

1. The one and only thing you can really count on in life is death and CHANGE... sooo "go with the flow".

2. I like me... yep its taken about 48 years for me to feel comfortable in my own skin...yep I do laugh alot..I feel that I am a pretty nice person, honest but not in a mean way, and easy to get along with, so if someone doesnt like me I just figure they havent taken the time to know me, or they met me on a bad day, or its just a personality conflict.

3. you cant change someone elses personality, feelings, beliefs, or past experiences that put those together--all you can do is to either love them for who they are or not...and that is totally up to the individual.

4. if someone doesnt like me, my lifestyle, way of dressing, schedule etc-- not to worry there is someone else that will love me anyways.

5. Sometimes you dont know what you have till its gone.

6. I have the very best family for ME...it might not work for you... but I love them alll, learn from them all and only want the very best for them.

7. I am a MAma bear...in other words-- DONT Mess with MY Kids!!!!!!! Is that clear???

8. I know my talents...but that doesnt mean something will change in the future... someday I might actually love cooking for more than one day after a pampered chef party..hehe!!!

9. some talents are not tangible like singing or dancing--although I do a great booty dance--hehe--well--I have the BOOty or is it Bootay!!! But I am pretty good at putting in an IV, or calming a baby, or getting a mom to breastfeed.

10. I have learned that dreams change also... Once I dreamed of being a make up artist-- did it--Loved it--but didnt work out with my family at the time--So I put my heart into nursing and found a wonderful place to work with some really terrific nurses to work with.

11. God Knows... he has a plan for all of us... I cant tell you how many times I have said --"wow, because this didnt workout.. that did and here I am."

12. Life has a way of working out-- somehow.

13. I have learned I love the outdoors--hiking, walking, and trying new things.

14. Love outdoor movies, theatre and music.

15. I love to watch all kinds of dance, theatre(especially musicals).

16. I love Turtles--they facinate me somehow.

17. I will never stop learning new things--love to learn.

18. The best things in life are... EXPENSIVE... I know thats not the right answer but I like to be different once in awhile-- ever seen a sunset in hawaii??? Yep its expensive..LOL! Ok now in my 48th yr I am starting to understand the best things in life are free thinking...I know... the sunset, love, peace of mind... most of those things cost me in some way... sigh... I am still learning this one..

19. I love to shop

20. I am a girly girl

21. I need to be entertained... be it a good book, music, TV, movies--whatever.

22. I also LOVE Quiet and alone time--Love it!!!!!

23. I love to go to church... but I dont feel good or bad about others going to church or not. I feel religion is a personal thing and no one should be forced to go to church after a certain age. I do believe children should be raised in a religion.
I dont think anyone should be judged on if they go or not or what religion if any they are... its all between them and god. I also believe that there is a big difference between spirituality and religion. Religion can be legalistic... a person can spend their lives doing all the right things but not feeling much inside. I rather be spiritual than religious.

24. I know I have problems trusting people--mostly men. This has also hurt me in some spiritual areas...its taken me this long to even listen to a man at church. I do feel no one will hurt me anymore..I am stronger now than when I was a child or teenager.

25. I feel most people who speak in church (with some exceptions) really only have about 10% truth and the rest is their opinion.

26. we can only base our opinions on our experiences, how we are raised, our education level etc... so how can we judge someone with different lives than us and how they feel about things--or their educaton level--or intelligence???

27. Intelligence is not everything... I have met some very very highly intelligent people who did little with their lives and some that had to struggle with life skills. I have met some people including myself that struggled with academics but do pretty good in this thing we call life.

28. I do NOT need YOUR approval of my life!!!! just in case you didnt know!

29. I have not been able to figure out why some people feel the need to give me their thoughts of approval or disapproval of my life.

30. I dont need or want criticism... nope dont need it. I am pretty sure I know by now what I need to improve on... just love me and laugh with me.

31. life is way to short... really it is...

32. we should tell people NOW how much we love them, respect them, care about them, admire them... tell them TODAY!!! Tomorrow might be too late. I am not going to care at my funeral that you thought I was terrific!

33. I love my family and friends!!!!

34. I meet friends everywhere I go... some keep in touch withme and some dont.

35. There is nothing like a nice warm hug!!!!

36. I love to travel... I have been to London, Paris, Italy, Mexico, Caribbean(all over) and my favorite place--hawaii. and Alaska!

37. One of my goals is to see all 50 states--I have been to Hawaii, California, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico(drove through) Idaho, Colorado(drove through and stayed 2 days), Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Alaska, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Maryland, Washington DC, New York City, Nevada, Illinois(Chicago). So I have quite a few more to go!

38. This year TJ and I will celebrate 28 years of marriage. I can say... Its been the best adventure and I have learned so much from being married to him. We always do something new--One yr we even went hot air ballooning--so much Fun!!! I wonder what we will do this year???

39. Life is to be celebrated!!! I try to celebrate all the time!!!!! One of my goals this yr is to have someone to dinner once a month--I better get busy this month!

40. I love to be lazy and read or get on the computer or FACEbook!!!

41. I do procrastinate housework...

42. I find that when I give I get more in return.

43. women do mellow with age--and the medications help also--hehe!!!

44. I love to scrapbook

45. I love to take pictures of our fun times

46. I hate that I have headaches alot

47. I have learned that I can accomplish anything i put my mind to.

48. I love my family and friends and especiallu those that took the time to read this.... I cant wait to see what God has in store for me this year!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I haven't been to your blog for awhile. I love this post! Yay for you!!!!! I love all the things that you wrote. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I wished you a happy birthday last week, and I don't see it here. I also mentioned you have mail on AOL, so make sure you check your spam, tons of info you asked for.

    ReplyDelete