The other piece of art TJ got me... Isnt it beautiful??? I love angels!

The Art that TJ got me... cant wait to put this Up!!!

blowing out my candles-- thank goodness there are on 2!!

My Princess Birthday Cake!!

My yummy birthday breakfast and NO calories!!!

with the man who keeps me sane!

With my NIcky! :)

My daughter Summer and Son in law Joey :)

My special friend Lilia!!

My special friends Micheal and Shelby

My special friends Sandee and Gail!

My birthday banner Nicky made me!

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

LABOR DAY WEEKEND
here we go....

Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Birthday!!!!!!

This was probably one of my best birthdays ever!!! I felt sooo loved this year. First with family members sending cards etc and second with all the facebook friends with happy birthday wishes!!! The Best part was what my husband did for me! Ok.... On Sept 11th (not a good day for a birthday but I had no control on the day I was born and what happened on that day so we celebrate MY day!). TJ has agreed to take me to Disneys night of Joy even though he doesnt like contemporary Christian music as much as I do. But first, we went shopping at Florida mall. I am pretty sure I could make a vacation out of shopping--hehe! he bought me some shoes I wanted for work and we walked around and also got some make up--it was sweet of him to wait for me while I tried on this and that. We had lunch at Buca de Pepo--both of us had never been there before--if you havent gone there--GO..its wonderful!!! Especially their Tiramasu--very yummy!!!! First they took us on a tour of the resturant. They sang "Happy Birthday" to me and brought out a candleabra(sp?). So much fun!!! Then we went to Night of Joy at Disneys "Hollywood Studios"--my favorite ride--"The Rockin Rollercoaster" is there--we rode that first!!! One of my favorite artists "Chris Tomlin" was performing and made my night. After all the fun and spirituality we left...I was exhausted and had no idea there was more to come. TJ said our reservations were cancelled because we got out so late and had to go to another place--i really just wanted to go home. We finally went to theis resort called "Vistiana". When we went to our room "2 bedroom villa" The kids had the room pitch black and yelled "SURPRISE" ! I was So surprised I screamed!!! Then it was time for food and gifts!!!! The kids got me the nicest wrap from new York and company(I get cold even in 90 degree weather), gift cards(my faves) some homemade boxes and things I love. TJ got me a new camera(now my sis can have my old one--hehe!), an amazon Kindle(I LOVE it!), AND.... Discovery Cove!! I have always wanted to go there! The Villa had 2 bedrooms and a large jacuzzi tub--I LOVED and well it was just beautiful!

Sept 12th-- Discovery Cove--- We all had to get up early and make it to Discovery Cove by 8am. I am sure none of us slept much the night before--just too much excitement! we made it on time!!! They supply everything except your swimsuit! First we had breakfast, then got suited up--either a vest or wetsuit, snorkle gear etc. We started out with snorkling because our time with the dolphins was at 11am. The snorkling was wonderful once I got past the coldness of the water(this was actually my favorite thing other than the dolphins) You can spend as much time as you want snorkling. Then, we went to hang out with the sting rays and pet them as they swim by. The workers said the stingers are taken out. What a neat experience! THEN.... the dolphin swim... we were taken in groups of 6 and given about 30 min in the water with one dolphin and one trainer.. we got to pet the dolphin front and back and learn about them at the end everyone got to ride on the dolphin-- you just hold on and glide (I was actually a little nervous at first--these are big mammals with tiny sharp teeth--anything with teeth can bite!). This dolphin was very gentle and took me for a very smooth ride I wish I could do it again and again. Then all the dolphins did tricks and we were right there in the water with them... cant get much closer! Next was lunch... Excellent salmon unch and all the yummy desserts yummm. They also had their version of a lazy river that made you feel like you were on an island. I felt like I took mini vacation. We closed the place down and they even provided shampoo and conditioner, soaps, lotions and hair dryers in the shower rooms! We left happy and exhausted!!!

Sept13th--We hung out at the pool on and off as the weather permitted--it was a crazy wet/dry day but we still managed to have fun! By the end of the day we all got poolside chair massages and then back at the "Villa" (I love saying that hehe!) I got to play with my new toys and read from the amazon Kindle.

The best part is that there was not one single arguement or unhappiness the entire weekend!!!!

MOnday was packing up, leaving and back to work... soooo sad...


OH AND... before my b-day weekend I had a wonderful dinner with my 2 special friends Sandee Spencer and Gail Munck!!! AND.... Gail watched our doggies--Speedy Boy and Chloe--THAT is a good friend!!!!


Thats it... now for the next adventure... But always remember Theres No Place Like Home... :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you got to swim with the dolphins in Orlando, that is so cool. I have been there twice and both times it was a blast. Sounds like you had a great birthday!!!
    God Bless,
    MacMan

    ReplyDelete