The other piece of art TJ got me... Isnt it beautiful??? I love angels!

The Art that TJ got me... cant wait to put this Up!!!

blowing out my candles-- thank goodness there are on 2!!

My Princess Birthday Cake!!

My yummy birthday breakfast and NO calories!!!

with the man who keeps me sane!

With my NIcky! :)

My daughter Summer and Son in law Joey :)

My special friend Lilia!!

My special friends Micheal and Shelby

My special friends Sandee and Gail!

My birthday banner Nicky made me!

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

LABOR DAY WEEKEND
here we go....

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

inaugeration

I was so excited to see the inaugeration this year. Yes, I am one of the ones that voted for OBAMA. In fact our whole family voted this year for OBAMA. I watched all the debates and while I dont agree with everything he is about, I do feel he can make a change. At least I hope so. I LOVED watching the inaugeration this year--the music(Aretha Franklin--whoohooo), the prayers--very moving, the poet, and OBAMA speech--although some parts were a bit scary to me--everything in this election and whats going on in our world and country right now is scary. The economy etc. I was happy to hear him mention others' beliefs. I feel he will and is open to all people. We are a very diverse country and yet we still have so much to learn about each other and to learn about how to love one another. I am all about peace and love. As for change...well I dont like it BUT it is necessary sooo I will learn how to deal and it will make me a better person(hopefully). I have to admit--I do not like going without, sacrificing etc. I DO like and need to serve others and I know I could do more, we all could and can do more for each other. I hope the hope and happiness I felt yesterday will stay with all Americans--at least for this year. This was THE hardest election for me to vote in..my decision was NOT easy...I prayed, read, listened and still hope I made the right decision. In the end I feel we all want the same things--happiness, peace, enough money to support our families comfortably, we want friendships, love, safety, inclusion and to be important to someone. I am so proud to be an American where I can talk freely, and have friends with different beliefs (political and religous)that teach me all the time(thank you for that--you know who you are). My father served in WW2 and he never really spoke about his time in the army--serving, but I can tell he was proud to be an american and serving was "just something you did" as my father would say. I have the flag that was draped on his coffin and folded by military when he passed. My father was for equal rights for everyone and looked forward to the day when we would have a black president and a woman for president. My father stood for love, peace and respecting all individuals. I feel he wouldve been proud of the inaugeration yesterday.
I thought of him all day. I felt his happy spirit. I hope this blog does not offend any of my family and friends. I love all of you. Together we all make this beautiful country strong. This is the most wonderful country on earth. We are Americans and we can make it through anything. I hope God will bless all of my friends and family. I know I have some friends that have strong feelings about the Other candidate--please do not hold this blog against me. Mostly May God Bless America. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment